Baguio Transient Apartments
Baguiotransient.com hereby provides these terms and conditions of occupancy, as a fully & duly,registered company, accredited by Dept of Tourism & recommended by TRIP ADVISOR
BAGUIO TRANSIENT DOT COM Terms and Conditions of Trade
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
BREAKAGE AND LOSSES
CONCERNS AND REPAIRS
In the above, “We” or “Owner” – Means the owner BAGUIOTRANSIENT DOT COM
Occupancy – Overnight accommodation is limited to the number of guests indicated on the “Guest Entry Form”
You may have up to 4 “Day Visitors” per apartment, between the hours of 10am through until 11pm. For security purposes we do ask that you advise us of your intended visitors & their visiting times.
Check in / Check out times
Our usual check in time is 12pm
& checkout time is 10am
We are flexible regarding earlier check in & later checkout times. Providing there is no previous or follow on guests you can check in as early as 8am without extra charge, check in earlier than 8am will incur extra charge of 200php per hour.
Late checkout is also permissible up until 2 pm without extra charge, checkout later than 2pm will incur extra charge of 200php per hour.
Damage deposit – We do not ask for a damage deposit, but we do ask that you be responsible for any damage incurred to our property during your stay. (Pet stays incur deposit as per below)
Pets – You may include your pets during your visit, subject to prior discretionary approval from us, with the following conditions.
There is a 500php Pet deposit , payable at check in
The deposit is fully refundable subject to inspection at check out time. The deposit is forfeited if there is damage to the property. Damage also includes extra cleaning if the pet is not completely house trained, or if there is extra cleaning as a result of the pets activities.
They are to be strictly under your immediate control at all times.
Their “calls to nature” shall be immediately cleaned up & disposed of by you.
There shall be no undue noise caused by your pets.
Pets are strictly not permitted to sleep on the beds.
Pets are not permitted to be left unattended.
Condition of property – When you check in your apartment will be very clean & well presented, we do ask that upon check out, you will leave the apartment with dishes washed & floors swept.
Facilities provided – We do our very best to ensure that all facilities are in good working order for your enjoyment of your stay. Please do not hesitate to ask if you encounter any problem with any equipment or service, we will attend to it immediately.
Smoking – Smoking is limited to the outside areas of the apartments. Ashtrays are provided in smoking areas for your convenience.
Accuracy of advertising – Our advertised rates and facilities shall be limited to those contained in our website, www.baguiotransient.com
We shall not have responsibility for older/out of date advertising sites which we may be listed on.
Limitation of liability – Our liability for accident and or loss is limited to that proscribed by Philippines Dept of Tourism requirements.
The management of baguiotransient.com reserve the right to be the final arbiter of disputes.
In the event of unavailabilty of accommodations we will endevor to transfer your booking to an approximately equivelent establishment, or refund your deposit.
As we are located in a residential area, we do ask that you limit noise.
Our neighbors consist variously of City Councilor, ranking Police Officer, Medical Professionals and they all certainly value their peaceful enjoyment of the area.
After 11pm we request that you keep all noise to conversational levels only.
After 12 am, please contain all activity to inside the apartments. No noise is permitted on the balcony areas.
Our location is in a private subdivision with mostly larger houses the owners of which generally have some security in place, this has resulted in a very low likelihood of security threat for our area.
We value the security of all guests & have made a serious effort to provide a safe environment for their stay with us, including automatic lighting, alarms to external areas, 24/7 CCTV, the CCTV is recorded off site.
We do ask that you assist this effort by closing the front gates at all times. Due to the sensitive nature of our security, our staff is instructed to close the gate anytime that it is seen to be left opened. Just remember to take your key when you go out the gate.
Each apartment is allocated one onsite parking slot.
If one of the other apartments does not require the use of their parking slot & you have more than one vehicle, then you are welcome to avail of it.
We do provide street lighting and security camera surveillance to the street immediately in front of our place.
Extra Electrical Appliances
Our apartments are equipped with a complete range of electrical appliances.
You may bring small handheld appliances, but we do request that you do not bring heaters with you. If you require a heater we will hire you one. The rate for the heater will reflect its high electricity usage.
Limited emergency lighting is provided in the event of a brownout.
We also will charge your cell phones, cameras, laptops & other small rechargeable items.
Apart from our wired in emergency lighting there is a portable emergency light to each apartment.
Our van hire service is per day hire, the daily rate is for a 24hour period. Gas & toll is extra and is at the hirer’s expense.
Accommodation for the driver is provided on site, free of charge. Drivers meals are at the hirer’s expense.
The van driver is permitted to drive for 8hrs, with meal breaks as required. After any 8hrs of driving/touring activity, there is a mandatory 4hrs rest period. For passenger safety and insurance requirements, the rule for the driver, of 8hrs on duty/4hrs off duty is strictly enforced.
Peter & Jhoie
These terms and conditions are displayed on relevant websites and are your responsibility to read and agreed to. Failure to do so in no way will alleviate your responsibilities as detailed here in.
Terms & Conditions of Van Rental & Driver's
These terms & conditions are the basis of Vehicle & driver use, between the OWNER and the guests-passengers. (Here in referred as guests)
The owner hereby makes available the afore mentioned vehicle & driver, subject to all the terms and conditions herein and in consideration thereof, the guests acknowledge and agree to abide to the said terms & conditions.
SAFE CONDITION OF VEHICLE
The owner will ensure the safe condition of the vehicle and ensure that it complies with the current road rules in relation to safety requirements. Likewise the drivers are to maintain current driver’s licences & to maintain the vehicle to the legal standards of operation. Including, but not limited to concurrence with speed, loading limits & general safe operation of the vehicle at all times for the safe and comfortable conveyance of the guests.
LIABILITY FOR LOSS or ACCIDENT:
The owner is not liable for the loss of personal property of the guests. The guests are responsible for the safe keeping of all personal items carried in the vehicle, at all times. In the event of accident the liability is assumed by owner’s relevant insurances.
§ That the vehicle should remain the property of the registered owner & the vehicle shall remain in the custody of the owner or his appointed representative. Guests shall not feign ownership of the vehicle for any purposes.
Prior to use the vehicles may be made available for inspection to guests. All costs relating to the inspection are to be borne by the guest & paid prior to inspection.
§ Vehicles will include tires, tools, equipment, accessories and vehicle documents & first aid kit.
i. It is understood between the parties that the guest hereby assumes full responsibility for the selection of the equipment, and the owner shall not in any way be deemed to have made any misleading statements as to the suitability of the vehicle for the guest’s purposes.
TERM of USE & DEVIATION OF ROUTE
§ The term of the vehicle use shall be as previously agreed between the Company and the guests. Extension of time may be permitted with prior written agreement of the owner. No deviation or side trip, which changes the route previously agreed, may be undertaken unless agreed in writing by the owner, prior to commencement of the journey.
§ ACCOMMODATION & MEALS OF DRIVER
Separate Driver’s accommodation is provided free of charge by the owner when the accommodation of the guests is at BAGUIOTRANSIENT DOT COM.
If guests have their own accommodation elsewhere, then the driver will also be accommodated therein or an extra accommodation allowance of 300php daily will be charged to guests for the period required & shall be provided daily by the guests.
Provision of Driver’s meals is the responsibility of the guests or alternatively a daily meal allowance of 450php shall be paid to the driver by the guests.
LIMIT OF OPERATION
The maximum daily limit of hours of operation is 14 hours & no single period to exceed 10hrs without a 1 hour rest for the driver.
In any case the driver must have a minimum period of 8 hours rest time in any 24hr period
Rest time is to be taken in appropriate accommodation, waiting time in the Van is not included, nor acceptable rest for the driver.
His rest time is essential for the safe operation of the vehicle and is strictly enforced.
His rest period should be of the highest standard.
Drivers are instructed to strictly abide by these safety directions. We are happy to provide 2 drivers (at extra cost) if your travel arrangements are outside of these guidelines.
i. The term of this contract commences from the date of the DELIVERY AND ACCEPTANCE of the “equipment” to the guest and ends on the date specified. Such Delivery and Acceptance Date for all purposes shall be all conclusively presumed to be the actual, true and correct date of Delivery and Acceptance by the guest.
ii. In case of termination/cancellation of this contract agreement by the guest, before agreed end date of this contract, the guest agrees to forfeit the following amount as agreed prior to commencement of journey
ii. Cancellation in the event that the guest cancels the reservation made less than seven days prior to the agreed commencement date; the Company will exercise its right to the forfeiture of the full deposit paid by the guest.
iii. For cancellation made prior to seven days, the owner shall refund the deposit, minus a 30% handling fee.
Deposit, as agreed shall be paid by guests upon confirmation of hire, either to our BDO account or online via PayPal.
Checks are accepted conditional to their clearance 7 days prior to journey commencement.
Balance of payment is due upon completion of 50% destination leg of your journey.
§ The guests shall not:
1. Allow use of vehicle by an unauthorized driver
2. Allow use of vehicle in a wilful or wanton manner
3. Allow driver to be distracted by undue disturbance inside the vehicle.
4. Allow use of vehicle for any act of felony including transportation of drugs or contraband
5. Allow vehicle to tow or push anything, or to engage in a speed contest
6. Allow use of driver’s license if obtained by fraud or misrepresentations
7. Allow use of vehicle along off regularly maintained roadways
8. Allow use of vehicle to carry hazardous or explosive substances
9. Allow use of vehicle to transport weight in excess of vehicle’s maximum payload capacity/overloading
10. Allow use of vehicle where insufficient clearance of height or width exists
11. Allow use of vehicle to any driver who does not know how to operate a stick shift driven vehicle/manual transmission (if vehicle has manual transmission) & who is in possession of a Professional grade licence.
12. Allow use of vehicle which will result in improper loading
13. Allow anyone using the vehicle to leave the vehicle without removing the keys or close and lock all doors, windows and the trunk of the vehicle
14. Allow use of vehicle when there are more passengers to occupy the vehicle than there are seat belts and/or allow anyone to violate the Child Restraint Laws
15. Allow use of vehicle to transport goods in violation of customs regulation or other illegal manner
16. Allow to travel to Banaue, Mt. Province, Aurora and other areas where roads are not passable for vehicle, especially flooded and to inter island trips
17. Allow use of vehicle to any person who cause(d) damage to the vehicle or cause personal injury or property damage to others as result of reckless misconduct.
18. Allow use of vehicle outside of the agreement if the vehicle has been rented for Metro Manila usage only.
19. Allow passengers to drink alcohol in the vehicle.
§ During the term of this contact, the owner shall have possession and the right to use , maintain and operate the Equipment in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Contract and in strict conformity with all laws, decrees, ordinance thereto..
1. The guest is not to part with the possession of the Equipment or to sublease, sell, deliver, mortgage, pledge, encumber or otherwise dispose of the Equipment.
2. The guest shall not affix or install or uninstall any device, or accessory on the Equipment and shall not make any addition, alteration and /or improvement thereon without the prior written consent of the owner all additions and improvements of whatever kind or nature made in the Equipment shall belong to and become the property of the LESSOR upon the expiration or earlier termination of this agreement.
3. The guest shall not make or allow any unlawful, improper, or offensive use of the Equipment or any use thereof, for purpose, which are not permitted under this agreement. In case of any violation of this condition, the guest shall reimburse the Company all damages as a result thereof, including the payment of any fine, costs and penalty which may be upon the owner as a result of violation of the agreement.
§ The owner will not use the vehicle if it is damaged enough to render it unsafe or in need of repair and will be responsible for all damage of the Vehicle resulting from such use.
§ In the event of a vehicle being unable to complete the journey, the owner will provide at no extra charge an alternative vehicle, at the earliest possible time. No other expenses will be incurred by the owner.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE:
I,Damage caused by inappropriate behaviour of guests is repaired at guests expense.
ii. Smoking inside the vehicle is prohibited; Customers will pay 500PHP for cleaning costs in the event of smoking inside the vehicle.
iii. Any other damages caused by guests: Customers will pay all costs and full daily rental rate until the vehicle has been fixed or restored to the original condition and approved by the lessor .
RENTER RESPONSIBILTY FOR PROPERTY:
§ Guests are responsible for any property left or stored in the vehicle, shuttle bus, or anywhere in the vehicle , no matter who received, stored or handle the property.
Company’s INDEPENDENT STATUS:
§ The facilitator of the trip shall not be considered the agent or the employee or owner of the renting vehicle and its role is deemed to be co-ordinator & marketing agency of convenience of the owner, for any purpose or whatsoever
CHANGES TO AGREEMENT:
§ Guests agree to the agreement which is the entire agreement between the parties. Guests agree that the rental agreement can only be changed in writing and if by signed or by initialled both the owner & the guests.
1. The OBLIGATION of the guests who have chosen to pay gas & tolls separately as provided herein is absolute and unconditional and shall not be subject to any abatement whatsoever or to any defences. Guests who have been quoted an “all in” rate by us, in writing are exempt from any extra expense. The quoted rate is fixed & the inclusions listed in the quote are all paid in the total rate given by us.
2. The guests warrant that the equipment shall be used only in the Philippines and that the equipment shall not be transferred or moved to any other place without the prior written consent of the lessor.
3. The Rental for each and every property described in the above mentioned contract shall be the amount specified unless adjusted pursuant to this agreement.
4. Guests shall pay the amounts and other amounts free and clear of and without deductions for or withholding of any and all future Philippines taxes, duties and charges.
AREA of operation
The vehicles are covered by a Comprehensive Insurance for Own Damage and Theft. The vehicles are also covered by maximum Third Party Liability for Bodily Injury Insurance Coverage of PHP 50,000.00 per accident and a maximum Third Party Liability Property Damage Insurance Coverage PHP10, 000.00 per accident.
In the event of an accident the guests are, in the first instance to contact the Company which will in turn co-ordinate with the driver to advise Police and our Solicitor will be dispatched to the accident site and act on behalf of the vehicle owner.
The Guest must do the following:
1. Take pictures of the accident
2. Photo copy the OR/CR of the vehicles involved
3. Photo copy or photograph the license and other identification of the party involved
5. Ask the party involved to sign the LIABILITY FORM attached in the car rental terms and conditions
6. Copy of the comprehensive insurance of the vehicle involved.
7. Request the use of owner’s solicitor before making any statements relating to the accident.
Liability form: It’s a form that’s attached to the rental terms and condition stating the liabilities of the party at fault/responsible for the accident, It is a must to sign the liability form if; and only if the renter is not the one at fault in the accident & the party involved is there accepting for responsibilities and not running away.
The Company can’t be charged for human injury for such accident. Insurances as detailed below & maintained by the owner shall bear the sole responsibility for such loss.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) the compulsory third party insurance carried by the vehicles cover the drivers liability for human injury involve in an accident, but does not cover his own or that his passengers. To give the guest this additional cover a nominal fee of PHP 200 per day provides the driver and each passenger (maximum of 10 per van)
The personal accident insurance coverage of up to PHP 5,000.00 each per death/permanent and disability PHP 5,000.00 each for medical and treatment resulting from the accident.
The personal accident insurance charge cannot be prorated, thus any portion of the day is charged as one day
We do value every guest’s comfort and ask that you adhere to the following;
1. NO SMOKING INSIDE THE VEHICLE.
2. Please do be gentle with all internal accessories, everything in our vans is in good working condition and won’t need to be forced.
3. Please use basurahans provided for your litter
4. Please don’t put feet onto seats or dashboard of the vehicle
5. Ensure that children remain seated while the vehicle is in motion
6. Stow hand luggage under seats
7. We do ask guests to try to limit luggage to approx. 5kgs each. We do understand that there are exceptions, just advise prior as soon as possible prior to departure.
9. Please do not remove any fixture of the van.